Long Way Down

Looking down from the third floor to the ground floor (Viveca Koh)

This shows the staircase at Manor House B – or rather what’s left of it – we had to use the ladder (found by Mark in a side room) to ascend to the next floors up.  I loved the symmetry of this scene, and the way the light came in from the doorway on the right to hit the bannisters and wall on the opposite side.  Overlaid with a texture of mine from somewhere damp, hence the mouldy green bits that weren’t actually there – I have made it look even more decrepit than it actually was – but it was still pretty bad…..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

13 Responses to “Long Way Down”

1. Ryan Sexton says:

Your urbex shots are amazing, great job!
    Ryan Sexton recently posted..Baggage Pickup at O’ hare International AirportMy Profile

2. Sathya says:

Pretty good perspective. Love the texture (thought the same does not fool the eye, having in the same level in the floor staircase and the wall). nice use of the wide angle …
    Sathya recently posted..Silently Still Evening @ Kodai LakeMy Profile

3. murphyz says:

Nice shot Viveca; I love the perspective and that ladder down in the distance. Those wooden boards on the second level look they’re hiding something nice and unstable 🙂
    murphyz recently posted..Corrosive LocomotiveMy Profile

4. Maša says:

i like this photo a lot, and your web site, its amazing.
    I have to check it more often!
    Maša recently posted..abandonedMy Profile

5. Bob Lussier says:

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this image!
    Bob Lussier recently posted..The RaftersMy Profile

6. WOW!
    John Sotiriou recently posted..SerenityMy Profile

7. Great shot! Love it!

8. Chris Wray says:

I’m feeling dizzy, where’s the Dramamine! Wow, this is a great capture, V. Your processing, as always, is spot-on. The forms and lines almost give this image an abstract quality, but the recognizable elements bring you back to reality. Well done!

9. Erin Duke says:

Love this image! This series is great, and I love the textures. Always nice work!
    Erin Duke recently posted..The Rutherford Family- Part 2My Profile

10. Chris Nitz says:

Love this. You do some amazing work that is then exemplified with your great texture work. Just awesome!

11. This is an awesome photo, Viveca! Holy smokes, what a location you guys found. I just can’t get over how desolate it feels! Your images really bring this site to life for us all, thanks so much!
    Toad Hollow Photography recently posted..Coastal ScenesMy Profile